Schedule of Events to Celebrate Our 50th Anniversary
History of Camden County College Library
Camden County College Library has been an integral part of Camden County College since the College's beginnings in 1967. The Library’s home since 1973, has been the Charles A. Wolverton Learning Resource Center, named for Congressman Charles A. Wolverton who represented New Jersey’s 1st district from 1926 to 1958.
The Wolverton Center underwent a major renovation starting in 2000 and was re-dedicated on September 24, 2003. This renovation brought the Library, Testing Center, Open Computer Lab, and Tutoring into the 21st century through data access enhancements, improvements to the electrical infrastructure, asbestos abatement, and better access to the physical building.
The Library boosts a physical book collection of approximately 30,000 volumes; an extensive eBook collection (over 100,000 volumes); 30 databases representing many academic disciplines; public computers, as well as laptops for loan; textbook reserve collection; and anatomical models. There are ample quiet study areas, group study areas, as well as eight group study rooms for student use (Fall 2017).
Today, in addition to being the Library, the Wolverton Center houses the Camden County College Testing Center, Publications Center, the Child Assault Prevention Program, and the Learning Resource Center – South, a grade K through 12 resource for teaching professionals.