Library Quick Links
What is the ebrary Reader?
The ebrary Reader is a java-based reader that adds some additional functionality such as the text to speech option. This download is optional, you do not need it to download the reader to use various ebrary features such as view and read ebooks, print pages, and create your personal ebrary account.
Adapted from the following guides:
Harvey A Andrews Library, Bloomsbury University, PA.
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, WI
is a collection of over 70,000 electronic books. The books maintained in this collections are real print books that have been scanned, digitized, and made fully available online.
Access and search the ebrary online collection on the library web site by clicking on the link Ebooks or use the search box below.
To learn more about various ebrary features use the tabs at the top of this guide.
The ebrary training video is also an excellent place to start and get a complete overview
Mobile App : Sign In ( Iphone, Ipad, Ipod touch)
INITIAL SETUP VIA BROWSER:
1. Go to your ebrary site and sign in to your personal ebrary account as usual
- You’ll need to do this at least once every 90-days to validate use on the mobile app
2. Create an Adobe account if you don’t already have one:
- If you’ve done full-document downloads on ebrary, you already have one
- To create an Adobe account
1) Go to https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/membership
2) Click “Create an account”
3) Fill in at least the starred fields…
4) Click “OK”
ON YOUR iOS MOBILE DEVICE:
- First time use, install the ebrary app using the “App Store” icon
Once installed, click/tap to open the ebrary app
- First time signing in to the app, prompted for your Adobe account info
- You’ll then be prompted for your personal ebrary account username and password.
If your ebrary site uses a standard ebrary sign-in, you have two choices
1) Use the username and password you usually sign in with
2) Or, use the Facebook Sign-in feature
Create ebrary Account
You do not need an ebrary account to view an ebook content and take advantage of ebrary's rich research functionality such as InfoTools™.
For added capabilities, students may wish Create a personal ebrary account.
By creating an ebrary account, you can:
- Save documents, notes, and highlights to your personal bookshelf
- Add books to your bookshelf to save for future use
- Create folders to organize your research
- Download pages or an ebook
Steps to create your ebrary account:
- Click on the "Sign-In" button on the upper right hand corner
- On the Sign In page, click Create an account
- Complete the form, and then click Create New Account
Ebrary and Facebook Sign In
Using the Facebook Sign-in feature is easy:
First, link your ebrary account to your Facebook account (a one-time setup):
- Go to your ebrary site using a browser
- Sign in to your ebrary account as usual
- Click “My Settings” link at top-right of ebrary screen
- Under “Link your account to Facebook“, click “Log In“
- On Facebook log-in screen, enter your Facebook credentials, click “Log In”
Important note: The Facebook Sign-in feature does not access or post anything on Facebook accounts, it just takes advantage of users’ Facebook authentication.