Skip to main content
Introduction to CCC Library Information Literacy
At the heart of Camden County College Library services is our program of information literacy and library instruction.
With the abundance of information sources, students need guidance more than ever in learning to critically evaluate their information needs and the information they receive to meet those needs.
To accomplish Information Literacy goals, the library offers a variety of resources and services to CCC faculty such as:
- Hands-on Library Instruction
- Librarians design and deliver instructional presentations focusing on course and Information Literacy objectives.
- Use the links below to request an instruction session for your students.
- Library Course and Assignment Guides
- Librarians create library web guides providing subject-specific scholarly resources, database tutorials, search strategies, and citation help for their assignment or for their course.
- Use the Request Form shown on this page to obtain a guide for your students to use throughout the semester.
- Citation Assistance
- NoodleTools is available to help students with citing their sources,and Librarians can provide assistance through web guides and instruction.
- A Library Guide has been created to assist students with understanding and using MLA and APA Styles: How Do I Cite My Sources in MLA and APA Styles?
- Library Guides Available for Specific Information Literacy Goals
- Topics include identifying sources for college assignments, evaluating sources, and citing sources in MLA and APA Styles.
- Several guides can be found on the Library Guides page under Library Resources & Services.
Customized Library Research Guides - Help Your Students Get the Most Out of the Library
One of the best ways to ensure that your students have a successful learning experience is to provide them with positive opportunities to use the library for their course needs.
Library research guides lead students to key print and online resources for their assignments or for their course.
- Visually demonstrate that there are quality resources, in multiple formats, on even the most difficult topic. That reassurance builds the confidence of students who need to get started on their research.
- Provide diverse ways of accessing resources and information.
- Access from home — and from anywhere in the world — 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Accessible on mobile devices.
Sample guide: BIO 111 – Biology I Information Literacy Assignment
Camden County College Library, P.O. Box 200 College Drive, Blackwood, NJ 08012-0200 I (856) 227-7200 / Service Desk, X4407